all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.16.2010

ROBOTS / SCIC #2 & TESC #113...


Robots are "IN" over at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge this week... so I HAD to play along... it's pretty rare to come across a challenge that seem to be 'all about boys' - I was so excited to make this card! [I wonder if I should also make a 'girly' robot card.... hmmm?]




So as I mentioned, this card is for the inspiration challenge at Stampin' Celebration. This is their second week, have you checked them out yet? They're not just about cards over there - their uber-talented DT must work night and day to come up with all the cute tags, boxes, treat bags, etc.... you owe it to yourself to go see it! NOW! Okay, maybe AFTER you've finished reading my post - lol! I paired their challenge with Taylor's sketch - JUST PERFECT! Then again, her sketches USUALLY are...

I used some stamps I picked up a while back, Robots from Recollections. Too cute [& inexpensive]! The paper is Lil Robots from My Mind's Eye. The cardstock is Stampin' Up! - Only Orange, Kiwi Kiss, and Taken with Teal. The little brads... who knows? After I stamped the sentiment, I hand drew the speech bubble... not to shabby! I put rhinestones on the robot for a little texture - wish it had photo'd better. I inked my "metal" EF with Going Gray before I ran it through the big shot.

Thanks so much for stopping by - gotta go make a birthday card now...



16 comments:

Irena said...

Lovely colors, very pretty card :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

It was great to finally meet you in person! and your card is juts gorgeous, cute, adorable. Happy Sunday!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute! Our challenge at SSDS is a male card too. I used the same EF on my card. My picture is a little blurry. It was a crazy week. Field trips and a retirement party for me.
You can see my card here

Kathy Martin said...

LOL what a fun card! Love the sentiment! So colorful! You rocked this sketch! :)

Caryl P said...

Wow, another fabulous card. Your colors are so fun and you did an amazing job combining it with the sketch! Love it!

Alanna said...

Super, super cute.

LeAnne said...

Heehee! That paper is perfect for these robots! You did an awesome job===those little brads are perfect too! I WANT THEM.

Unknown said...

Hi friend! This is goregous! Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Colour Q this week!

Unknown said...

Awsome! Love it.

Unknown said...

Sorry! Meant the Stampin' Celebration challenge! ;)

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

This card is adorable! I love that EF and must know where it's from! :)

Michele Gross said...

Ha! OMG, this is soooo stinkin' cute!! I love what you've done, such a happy, fun, darling card!! :)

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Oh WOW!!! Girl you are just so amazingly talented! I LOVE this! Awesome job with both challenges. That robot image is just too adorable and I love all the nuts and bolts and cogs and things. The sentiment is hilarious!

Had to laugh at Kari thanking you for playing at the ColourQ! (snort!) It's hard to keep all us challenge junkies separated!!! :) Thanks for playing along at the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge. And thanks for being such a sweetie and saying so many great things about us. I'm all gushy now.

Unknown said...

Cute, cute card! I love the colors and how you used the Embossing Folder. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

Taylor said...

Hi Arielle! Thanks for participating in the TESC113 sketch challenge! You've done it again...your card was a reader favorite during the voting this past weekend! :) You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/05/tesc113-top-crops.html

Tracy said...

I absolutely LOVE this card. I even voted for it!!! Your layout of the sketch and color combo were right on the money!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails