all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.01.2010

MODERN LABEL DAFFODIL / CTD #90, 2S4Y #51 & SR #17...


Well, one of my new friends, Vicki, was so excited about my grass border punch flower, that it got me thinking... as she said, we all like having another use for our punches, so I came up with this:





I used my Modern Label Punch from Stampin' Up! to make this daffodil! It takes 6 punches, and it's super easy...

1 - Punch 6 labels out. For the flower on this card, I stamped one side of Barely Banana cardstock with the vintage wheel, and the other side with a swirl from SU!'s Priceless set in So Saffron. You could also use a double sided patterned paper.

2 - Adhere 3 of the labels together, with the same pattern facing up.


3 - Adhere the other three labels, with the main pattern facing down. Make sure these labels "fill in" the gaps of the previous 3.


4 - Curl the top 3 labels inward, about halfway.


5 - You're done! I finished mine off with a homemade giant glitter brad, but you could use anything!



So, this card is for 3 challenges... The Color Throwdown, 2 Sketches 4 You & Stampin' Royalty... "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Have a great night & happy stamping!



24 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

Your card reminds me of a commercial - genious, pure genious! It is amazing how much that looks like a daffodil! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Irena said...

Lovely card and great flower :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So love this!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Another fun punch flower I need to try! Does that creative brain of your ever slow down? Every card you make is amazing. Great job with all the challenges!

Imke said...

Hi Arielle, hope you´re are fine. Your flower is great. I will try it, when i get all my SU stuff. LOL Beautiful Card. Hugs

milli said...

What a stunning card!! I love the flower! Thanks for the inspiration:)

Lesley said...

Wow Arielle! This is one cool idea and your card is so pretty! I just love the colours and that embossed background!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

cnelson said...

gorgeous!! that daffodil is AMAZING! thank you for the tutorial!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card! Love the flower and a very nice tutorial.

Linda said...

Hi Arielle this is wonderful. Thanks for the tutorial.
I was wondering how you set up your blog. I love the way you have pictures on the side of your favorite daily challenge, and the design time pictures. How do you do that it looks great and make it easy for followers to join in on the challenges. I like the way they are three across.
Thanks,
Linda

Unknown said...

fantastic embossing AND thanks for the mini tut!
thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always :)!

Kathy Martin said...

What a beautiful card! Your flower reminds me of the thumbprint cookies with the jelly in the center! YUMMY! :)

Vicki Wizniuk said...

OMGoodness, you're brilliant! I love your newest creation! So gonna have to lift this... {{{GRIN}}}... all credit to you, of course! Have a wonderful day, my bloggin' friend. :)

Broni said...

Beautiful card and beautiful flower!! Thanks for playing in the Throwdown with us!!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous and an amazing flower. Thanks for the tutorial.

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that is FABULOUS!!! LOVE that daffodil! Beautiful card, too! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

LeAnne said...

You are so stinkin' clever! How cute! And using the CTD colors, no less!! AWESOME!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! I love that flower... very creative using that punch. :o)

Unknown said...

How beautiful! JDaniel is 26 months. Our guys are close in age.

Sarah said...

I love the daffodil! That is too clever! Thanks for the step by step pics too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Can I say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Your card is beautiful! Beth

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love this card, simply beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by city crafter Arielle.
I made a card thinking to take the colourq challenge and only realized that I was late. LOL! I will keep the date in mind next time.
~kirsty vittetoe

savvy teaching tips said...

You never cease to amaze me Arielle. Great job!!!! Thanks for playing with us again at SR.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails