all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.19.2010

MEOWY MESSENGER / Mojo #139...


Here's a rather different card, and probably not in a way you'd notice... all of the papers on this card were digital papers - a first for me! I used this week's Mojo Sketch, since I haven't played in a while!



My sweet friend Kathy Martin put out a new Digital Doodle over at Two Peas in a Bucket last week & I finally made it over to swipe it up last night ~ where else are you going to get such cuteness for 99¢...

I love coloring digi files, but I only have an inkjet printer at home & prints from it will bleed with light colored Copics sometimes, and I was feeling particularly lazy & didn't want to paper-piece, so I did the next best thing! When I bought her cute image, Meowy Messenger, I also picked up a couple of digi paper bundles... this one is called Organics Meadow by Jen Allyson. So I layered, erased, manipulated & printed the components of the card. Then I cut the different elements apart and made my card the traditional way from there on out. Pretty interesting! I did color the cat, which I printed twice, w/ Copics & then cut him out & popped him up with dimensionals, as well as te little bird.

The cool thing about this stamp is you can type in (or stamp) any sentiment you want! Double YAY YAY for versatility! I used So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain & Martha Stewart blue ric-rac, and the button is Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



7 comments:

Irena said...

Wonderful card :) lovely colors :)

Andrea Ewen said...

What a cool card! Love the colors and the stamp set you used. Wonderful work!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

Beautiful!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Your card is just awesome, Arielle! Beautiful work. =)

Kathy Martin said...

Purrrrrrr....this is delightful! :) LOVE it! Gotta show it off on the ol' blog if that's alright with you? :)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh, I just had to add that I LOVE her calico spots! Did you know that almost all calico cats that have all three colors are female?

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the calico kitty and the colors you chose. The sentiment is FAB!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails