all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.25.2013

DIY Paper Bow Tutorial...

ahg052513_bow1

Happy Saturday! Arielle here with a quick tutorial for a customized paper bow! They are super easy and inexpensive to make. So grab some supplies and give it a try! What you’ll need…
  • Digital paper - I used Deena Rutter’s  Uncharted Papers
  • Scissors, craft knife, and/or a paper timmer
  • Adhesive & dimensionals or pop dots
Instructions:
 1)   Set up your file and print your paper. I printed mine double sided and trimmed it to 2.5" x 3".
 2)   Cut paper into .25" x 2.5" strips.
 3)   You'll need 9 strips for a small bow (12 for a larger bow).

ahg052513_bow2 ahg052513_bow3 ahg052513_bow4

 4)   Trim .75" off 4 of the strips, and trim one strip to 1".
 5)   Loop the paper and secure the ends with adhesive. (see photo below)
 6)   Secure the 4 larger loops together, and the four shorter together, and the 1" strip together with adhesive.   (see photo below)

ahg052513_bow5 ahg052513_bow6

 7)   Stack the looped sets and secure with adhesive as seen in the photo below. And voilà! You're done! Of course you can use thicker or thinner strips, add another layer of loopies, or adhere the loops closer together to alter the look of your bow! They are cheap, easy and fun - so play around with different variations!

ahg052513_bow7
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails