all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.08.2013

Momma Said...


Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.


A long time ago, my mom gave me an important piece of advice. "Don't ever talk about your husband in a negative way to your family, you might be able to forgive him, but we might not be able to." This advice is sound, although in certain situations difficult. She told me this when I was married to my first husband, with whom I had lots of conflict. And I guess it was good in a way in that it kept her insulated from the things I was dealing with. But hard for me not having a support system. I assumed that's all that advice meant.

There is another way of looking at it, though. I would never talk to anyone about Jeff in a negative way. I love him, and luckily our disagreements are almost non-existent. I also try to be careful about "joking" about traits he might have that are less than perfect... we're all less than perfect aren't we? Because I love him, I would never want anyone to see him in a negative light. I want to build him up. I want everyone to think of him in a positive way and know that he is amazing. Who cares if I don't like the way he puts the toilet roll on the holder, etc... negative statements, even in jest are still demeaning and hurtful.

So that's my best advice - honor the people you love, especially your husband, and guard ALL your words about them to preserve them and build them up.

Hugs,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails