all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.09.2013

POCKET GIFT TAG HANGER Tutorial


Hello ~ here's a little tutorial on making custom pocket gift tag hangers for bottles! Any size bottle can be turned into a gift if you know how to make a few measurements!
What you’ll need…
  • Digital kits – For this tag I used Deena Rutter’s D-Cuts- Journal Pocket v.1 and Karla Dudley’s Nillie | the papers.
  • Ruler
  • Scissors, craft knife, and/or a paper timmer
  • Various circle craft punches, I used a 1″ in punch
  • Adhesive
  • Various embellishments
Instructions:
1) Measure the height & width of the top of the bottle, the neck of the bottle and the height and width of the bottle itself.  (My bottle had a screw on top, so I took it off  to measure the width of the opening, so I could place my pocket on underneath the screw top.)

 
 
2) Using you measurements, figure the size of your pocket. The top of my bottle is roughly 2″ deep, and I add that to the length I want to hang down the front (3″) for a total pocket height of 5″.  The width of my bottle is roughly 2.75″, so I decided my pocket should be 2.5″ wide.  Final dimensions 2.5″ x 5″.
I used Deena’s journal pockets, so I layered 2 of them together and re-sized them to get the dimensions I wanted. After adding the Nillie papers to the pocket, and some extra pieces to use for layering, I printed it out.
3) Trim out your pieces. Punch out the hole to go over bottle’s neck, then score the edge where it will hang over.
4) After you assemble the pocket, measure the height and width to determine your tag size. My tag measures 2″ x 2.75″.
5) Now for the fun – DECORATE!!! Use the extra papers pieces you printed, matching ribbons, buttons, rubber stamps,  etc… get your fingers dirty!
6) TA~DAAAA! You’re done! Now you can make hanging pocket tags to fit ANY bottle!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails