all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

6.23.2011

VICTORIAN 4th / Deconstructed Sketch Vacation Blog Hop...


It's a Deconstructed Sketch Vacation Blog Hop! Jen is on vacation this week so she thought it would be fun to mix things up a bit this week and have a blog hop. And you know what a blog hop means... that's right PRIZES!! For this blog hop there will be TWO prizes, one for one very lucky commenter and one for one very lucky randomly drawn participant in the sketch challenge.

So what do you need to do? Well, hop around to all the design team blogs and leave a comment. The list is below so you can hop in your own order. Very easy! Second, take a look at the sketch and make a project using the sketch as creative inspiration, post it online (blog or gallery) and link it back to the InLinkz on Jen's blog. Again, very easy!! On June 27th, 2011 Jen will announce the winner of the comment prize on her blog. The winner of the sketch participation prize will be announced on June 30th along with the next sketch.

So what are the prizes? Well Jen has kept that a secret so you will need to take a trip to her blog to find out what the prizes will be! But they are sure to be BIG!

Deconstructed Sketch Vacation Blog Hop List:
Thanks so much for hopping with us today!

The image is a new one from the Wax Fruit Company, called Victorian 4th. I'll have the new image up in the shop later today. I decided to leave the image plain and just color the flag. I used a white gel pen to color the stars.



Have fun hopping!!!

43 comments:

Ziro said...

Lovely card! I like the colours!

Cassie said...

That is simply beautiful, Arielle! I love how you kept the house black and white and spotlighted the flag. . .genius :D

Mette said...

Wonderful card. Love the colours, so clean and crisp. Fabulous.

Hugs, Mette

mousekemom said...

Love how you made the flag the focal point of the image. Very cool and great card!
April D
Marion, IA

Alina said...

Lovely card! I love it!

Chelle said...

I like your card..very american.

Donna said...

Very nice! Great fourth of July card.

LORi said...

I likey, I likey!! Great new image!! Bravo my friend!! Hugs-LORi

jan farnworth said...

great card thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Such a cute card--love the colors. This is a great sketch too--might need to CASE...........

Lena95469 said...

What a great patriotic image and I love how you used the sketch! Wonderful card !

Angel said...

FABulous card! I love that you just colored the flag!

Giovana said...

Lovely card!! Love the way you make the flag pop!

Tanya said...

Fantastic use of the sketch! Love this, clean and I love how you just colored the flag, really pops!

Mimi said...

Fabulous card! Love the way you colored only the flag! TFS! ;)

April said...

I love that you only colored the flag! Fits this sketch perfectly!

Lillian Child said...

This is SO very lovely! We fly the flag every day of the year as my husband is a Vietnam veteran and we support our troops 100%. LOVE the cottage charm of this stamp and making the flag the color focal point - genius!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card Arielle!! Love your new patriotic image and you only spotlighted the flag with color. Great job!!

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a perfect Forth of July card!! Love that stamp and the torn paper.

Judy McMullen said...

Awesome card! Love the clean and simple and unique image celebrating Independence Day!!

Unknown said...

Arielle...This is just gorgeous!!..And may I say being aussie with an aussie opinion...PERFECT for the 4th of July. Xx

Kathy Martin said...

Cool 4th card! Love the flag on the house! I'm working on a 4th page at the moment! :)

Angela said...

This is awesome. I love the image and what a fantastic 4th of July card.
Hugs:)
Angela

Toni K said...

Very cool card! And I LOVE that image!

Cre8tiveVet said...

I can't get over the wonderful pop your card has. I love it! -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Karla said...

I love your card

Anna said...

Love the little house-so american!=)

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Great concept for this card and image. The flag really pops this way and cements the 4th of July theme. Clever idea with the gel pen, it would be easy to cover over those stars with the blue I bet.

Billie A said...

Great card I like the image. Love the flag really nicely done.

Tasha said...

Wow ove this patriotic card...the colours are awesome, fabulous take on the sketch too and i just adore the image you have used!
love tasha xx

Rachel said...

Wow, I really like how unique the image is! You did a great job coloring in that flag; I like that it's the central point of the card. I also like the addition of the bling for some extra pop!

Jen Mitchell said...

I've been in such a 4th of July mode lately, and this is perfect! I love that embossed background and the little bit of bling!

dweatter said...

Great card. Love the bright colors and how just the flag is colored on the image...makes it pop!

Monica =) said...

Nice card!
Like a lot that you only coloured a part of the motif.

Kelly Schelske said...

Love how you've just colored the flag, fabulous!!

Lysa said...

What a wonderfully patriotic card- I ♥ it!

Jenny said...

Fabulous card, it really pops!!

Carisa said...

i love the way you colored just the flag on the image - it really stands out beautifully!

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love how you colored the flag! Really nice touch! :)

Linda said...

Great card. Red, white and blue always look so sharp!

Lisa Lynn said...

What a beautiful card which is just perfect for the upcoming holiday.

faithnme said...

Wow I just love your card.. Soo Simple But Gorgeous.. GREAT JOB

HUgs

Julye said...

Love the clean fresh look, sorry for being late to the hop but life has just got in the way, what a fab way to use this image too.Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails