all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

6.30.2011

PAPER~PIECED TULIPS / DS #8...


It's Thursday!!! That means we have another Deconstructed Sketch Challenge for you today! Jen whipped up an awesome sketch this week! I hope you can play!

I decided to paper piece one of my oldie, but goodie digis, Study of Tulips. The paper is way retired SU!, but I LOVE those colors!!! It's really easy to paper piece a digi with patterned paper, just trim it down and run it through the printer like normal paper. If you're using a thicker stock, check your printer's setup, a lot of times you can choose that you are using a thicker paper.


Here's the sketch:


Here's some more of that fabulous twine from my friend Jodi, on Etsy. Her shop is called "talkingtwineandtrim". This sampler of 11 colors, 10 yards of each, was only $12.00! And look at her adorable AND functional packaging! How many times has your bundle of twine ended up being just a giant knotty mess? Not with these! If you go visit her, tell her Arielle says hello!


I also played along with these "flower" challenges:



Have a great night!!!

6 comments:

Mary J said...

Wowee Arielle, this is just GORGEOUS! Love it!

Thx for sharing it at the Make It Monday linky party!

Mary J x

Unknown said...

WOW Arielle!!! I NEVER have thought about paper pieceing flowers..Gonna have to steal that idea!! Beautiful card honey...You rocked this sketch!! Xx

Anonymous said...

Very clever,I had not thought to paper piece flowers, Great idea! Thanks for sharing at MiM
Hugs Julie P

Imke said...

Hi Arielle, the paper pieced tuplips looks great !!

Wendi said...

What a fabulous idea and a beautiful card
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Kelly said...

I love your card! The tulips look fantastic
Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges! Kelly (Hooked On Craft Design Team)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails