all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

12.17.2009

TEXTURED TREE / Mojo #117 & DCBD #158...


I've been thinking about making a Christmas tree with the Daisies Flower #2 Bigz die, so when I saw the Diva colors this week, I decided to go ahead and try!



The Mojo sketch was simple & sweet this week, then again I always love the Mojo sketches! And the colors from the Diva Coffee Break challenge were awesome, as usual! And their samples are just gorgeous!!! Make sure you go see them!


To make the tree, I cut 3 papers with the Daisies Flower #2 Bigz die, one Old Olive cardstock, and 2 of 2 different Old Olive Patterns dsp. I then cut 2 or 3 sets of 6 petals & 5 petals... here's a diagram of the shapes to cut...




Once I had them cut out, I curled the petals & then started layering & gluing them down! I added some rhinestones, used the star punch to make the top star & TA-DAAA ~ a Christmas tree!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Super cute!!! Great idea on using the Daisy die. Love all your bling.

Julie Leblanc said...

Love it :-) Did you ask Santa for a camcorder? I know I did! I would so love to see you in action, lol!!!

Happy Holidays!

Julie - Kewlstamps

Lexxie said...

Stumbled across your blog by accident and am so glad I did!
Your creations are amazing.
LOVE your tree on your latest card, it's so lovely to see something a bit different.
Will definitely be following to see more!
Sarita xx

Kristen H said...

oooh, I made one of these once, and it was really fun. Now I want to make another one! Thank you for the Inspiration. Great card, and I love the colors for this! Your blog has such cheery cards on it!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE your tree! Your card is so delightful and the bling is just icing on the cake~!

LeAnne said...

Waaa....I want to be you when I grow up! This is INCREDIBLE!! I am flabbergasted! So cute. Now I want to make one too....but I bet it won't be as cute as this!

Rhonda Langley said...

Your tree is wonderful! Love it!

Kristin Moore said...

Very clever! Love how you thought to do the tree with the daisy die! Great use of the colors too- thanks for joining us for the Coffee Break challenge this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

so gorgeous, Arielle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails