all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

12.10.2009

JEWELLED PINES / 2S4Y Bonus & PPA #20...


If you want a holiday card to stand out, use non-traditional colors...






This time of year all I really want to make are Christmas cards, after all, there's only a certain window of opportunity each year to get into the Christmas-y cardmaking groove... So I was determined to use the colors from Pals Paper Arts this week for Christmas! I thought by combining it with the 2S4Y Bonus sketch, I might actually make it work. I really like it!

Obviously I can't get enough of this cute stamp, Patterned Pines! It's a Stampin' Up! hostess level one set, available for free with an order of $150 or more! Also used on this card is both the Crushed Curry and Old Olive Patterns Designer paper, as well as Playground Designer buttons in Old Olive and More Mustard. The More Mustard button is shiny & can pass for Crushed Curry in a pinch! I finished it off with some Crushed Curry Polka-Dot ribbon. The rhinestones are Basic Grey.

Bye for now!

15 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

Oh My Gosh Arielle... You have such a gift when it comes to making weird colours work so well together... I love your card:-)

I will copy your picture and put it as is on my blog... There is no need for me to ruin such a beautiful card!!! I hope you win both challenges, you deserve it:-)

Have a great week-end!

Julie - kewlstammps-n-more

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

OMG! This is so nice! Love your card! Thanks for playing with 2S4Y this week!

Kathy Martin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sketches 4 You! :) Kathy

Spyder said...

Lovely colours, don't think I've ever mixed them before, they look great together. Love the gems on the trees
(Lyn)

cnelson said...

Fantabulous!! I so love those trees and this color combination!

Lea L. said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the stamped trees and the color combo! The yellow adds so much! Great job with Kazan's Sketch 41!

♥Lea

Unknown said...

om-gosh this is stunning - I hope to see an "out for pub" sign replacing it in the very new future :)

Andrea said...

Wow. Great card.

Pals Paper Arts said...

You pulled these colors together so well to make a hliday card! Thanks for playing @PPA!

Ellen said...

Great card Arielle! Love those christmas trees.

Ellen XX

Ellen said...

Oh, I forgot something....
Congrats to you too for making the Fab 5!!!;-)
Ellen

Mary Fish said...

Congrats, Arielle, on being one of the Pals Paper Arts picks. Your card is simple with the perfect touch of bling. Love it! Hugs, Mary

LeAnne said...

Awesome card, don't know how I missed this first time around! And congrats on being a Paper Pals Pick!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love all the details. Congrats on being a Paper Pals Pick this week! Kit Marie

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on your PPA pick! I love your layout, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails