all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

12.16.2009

LILY HOT COCOA / PTW #30 & CTD #73...


Here's a new Lily, she's got a marshmellow~y cup of cocoa..... yummmmmy....



I was up late last night when the new challenge was posted at the Color Throwdown... I was SO tempted to stay up even later to play! But I was a good girl & went to bed - it was after 1am! So after thinking about this challenge most of the day, I settled down to stamp after Jeff left for work this evening! I cheated & swapped the Cool Caribbean for Baja Breeze, which is just a little more muted. I wanted to paper-piece this & I had paper in mind for it which necessitated the switch!


I paired these colors with the sketch challenge from Papertake Weekly, which I loved & really wanted to follow to the letter, but my sentiment was too long to put it at the top & I had to tilt it... trust me - I made 2 sentiments & the first was TOTALLY wrong, so by the time I made this one, I just had to make it work!


This stamp is Lily Hot Cocoa from Pink Cat Studio, of which I'm a huge fan! The paper is retired Stampin' Up! Most everything is paper-pieced, very time consuming, but worth it! I also used stickles on the "Baja" fur parts of her coat.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Carol L said...

You did a great job of paper piecing with this adorable card! I love the tiny ribbon and gemstone accents and that sweet little image!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lily looks very snuggly and warm with her pretty coat and cocoa! Very cute card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Broni said...

How adorable! What a perfect image for the sketch AND the Color Throwdown! Thanks for playing!

Clare said...

KA-ute! :) Love it! :)

LeAnne said...

Well, I am glad you played, and don't mind the switch of colors at all---it's perfectly fine and what a cutie patootie she is! I actually had some hot chocolate today---unusual for me!! But it is snowing so hard, I just had to have some!!! Thanks for playing!

dj said...

too cute--love the paper piecing that you did--that DP is perfect for this challenge

Jill said...

beautiful card love the image and those gorgeous DP thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails