all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.20.2010

LOVE YOU / CTD #106 & GS #51...


I had the idea for this card yesterday morning, but couldn't work on it until last night. I'm one of those people that wants to do it as soon as the idea pops into my head - so it was torture waiting until the kiddos were in bed!




I saw someone use this cool sketch from over at Get Sketchy & thought I'd play with it... I think I'm late, though - they have new sketches on Fridays! Whew - it's hard to keep up with all the challenges out there! As a matter of fact, I just realized I'd started a card for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge & ran out of time on it, too! I used the Color Throwdown colors this week, since I think I missed them last week as well.

I try to make a card everyday, except weekends, and I usually have limited time. I love playing in every one of the challenges I have on my list - but don't always get to. I don't even think I could if I quit my day job! Artistic people at one time were supported by 'patrons'... what a life! If anyone out there is looking for someone to sponsor - let me know - lol!

I saw a card recently by Maile Belles in Paper Crafts, that sorta inspired this card. Recently I've really enjoyed working with raised cut outs, so I was immediately drawn to her card.

I hope you have a super fabulous weekend!




CARDSTOCK: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
INK: Chocolate Chip
STAMPS: There She Goes - Puppy Love [sentiment]
ACCESSORIES: Papertrey Ink - buttons
TOOLS: Stampin' Up! - Jewelry Tag and Pinking Hearts punches, SpellBinders - Heart Nestabilities, Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots EF

10 comments:

AGohl said...

What a cute card!!!

Christina said...

Oh, I totally LOVE this! I've wanted to try this type of card with the buttons behind cut-outs for some time and have just never gotten around to it. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have some generous benefactor to support our crafty pursuits? Let me know if you have any luck finding one! LOL

Monique said...

Wow...How creative!!

Irena said...

This card is adorable.
Your idea is great.

savvy teaching tips said...

Great card as usual Arielle. I check your blog closely because I connect with your clean and simple style too. I find that it is really hard to keep up with all the great challenges out there too. Keep up the great inspiration.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautifully clean yet amazingly creative. I love all the details like the embossing and punched edge and the buttons are precious.
Fantastic x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute, Arielle!! Love the clean design and the heart windows are too cute!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I really love this one, hun! I will definitely be CASEing it sometime...you know, when the movers decide to deliver my stuff. I feel like my stamping goodies are being held hostage!!!

LeAnne said...

Waaaah...I miss my stamping. LOVE this card but I am such a hoarder, I doubt I would be able to put that many buttons on one card. Maybe I could just put a PICTURE of buttons under there?? LOL! I am likin' your copic tutorial too. I may be able to get some crafting done tomorrow! :D

Tigriswillreign said...

This is amazing! I LOVE those buttons in there!
I can relate with having to wait til the kiddies are in bed! *sigh*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails