all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

6.18.2010

C&S on THE BACK NINE / ACT #34 & CPS #171...


Now THIS is C&S! I rarely do simple cards, and when I do they are usually fairly primitive, like this one...



When I saw the sketch over at CPS, I immediately thought "golf". And Stacey's colors this week made me think "guy", which equals "golf guy". My dad is a golf guy... it could be 1000 degrees out & he'd still try to play!

This is a retired Stampin' Up! set called The Back Nine, which I stamped in Sahara Sand onto a natural cardstock. I decided to just cut out the funky diamonds into sorta a 1950's retro shape, onto which I stamped the little golfers in the matching colors. I drew the box around the inside with a Rich Razzleberry marker and added the copper brads. NO girly embellishments here! I may use this sketch again for a more detailed card later today...

Have an awesome Friday,

9 comments:

Irena said...

This card is great. Wonderful idea.

Nance Leedy said...

Arielle, this card is fantastic! Love the background image in Sahara Sand--gives such a vintage look. It's fantastic!

dstandard said...

Awesome! Love your use of the color pallet!

Sue said...

Great use of the colours this week Arielle! Thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call! :)

Monika Reeck said...

Great take on the sketch dear Arielle...lovely color pallete too

Kathy Martin said...

Goodness! How adorable he is with those shoes! Great page and golf card! :)

Marisa said...

This is fabulous!! Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Stacey Schafer said...

what fun, Arielle! totally out of the box, girl...masculine at it's finest:o) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

LeAnne said...

What a cool idea.....you always have them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails