all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

2.12.2013

MAGNETIC VALENTINES TUTORIAL / for Deena Rutter...


I worte this tutorial over the weekend for Pixels and Company. I thought I would share it here, too!

I love hybrid projects, but really love when they are usable for everyday! When I saw Deena’s new kit, Truly Insta-Love Valentines, I thought they would make adorable little Valentine magnets for the grandparents’ fridge.  They are SUPER EASY to make and come together in a snap!

What you’ll need:
  • A digital kit – I used Deena Rutter’s kit, Truly Insta-Love Valentines. (below)
  • A photo or two.
  • Scissors, paper trimmer or ruler and craft knife
  • Business card magnets, adhesive on one side (You can find these at most office supply stores.)
  • Adhesive (if you make the little envelopes to put them in.)



Instructions:
  1.  Create your Valentines. Size them to be 2″x3.5″ or smaller. These are about 2″x3″. I printed these on thick card stock, but photo paper would be great, too! You could actually fit 4 of these on a 4″x6″ print. (I trimmed mine a little smaller than the width of the magnets to have the thin black border. Also, this prevents the edges from getting scuffed up over time.)
  2. Trim your cards, and also your magnets if you need to. This is where a ruler and craft knife come in handy!
  3. Peel of the adhesive backing from the magnet and adhere you card.
For the envelopes:
These came in Deena’s kit, so if you use them be sure to size them to fit your project. I printed them on regular copy paper, trimmed them, scored the folds, and then applied adhesive to close them.
That’s it ~ I told you it was easy! And now your Valentine can be reminded every day of how much you love them… all year long!

Big hugs!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails