all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

2.13.2013

DON'T EVER CHANGE / TAWS Be Inspired...


Hello! Well, it's the day before Valentine's ~ I sure am going to miss making sappy love cards! LOL! 

I love this little lightbulb from Lighter Than Air, and I thought this sentiment from All About You would be funny and compliment it well. The pink dotty background is from Background Check. This is for the TAWS Be Inspired Challenge, too.... there's a little time left to play if you haven't yet!

               

I'm also playing with CASology and CAS(e) this Sketch!



I coached Alex while he signed his Valentines last night, he did an amazing job! I bribed him with conversation hearts, I love those things! One thing that made me sad when he was picking out his Valentines is how different they are now. Where are the little tissue-thin, slightly waxy envelopes.... with the cheap, awful tasting adhesive you had to lick 20+ times until you were done? They were cooler. They seemed more "official", like a real letter even.  Kids should experience these things, shouldn't they? 

Now it's just a perforated mess of cards you tear apart, sign, fold and affix with a mismatched sticker heart. Only the heart isn't put on a neat little flap, it's folded over the sides... then it's not even a heart anymore. Next year I'm making little envelopes, bunches and bunches. Even if he wants to buy cards, at least they'll be properly (a)dressed!



Big hugs!

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card Arielle, that bulb is so cute and your partial embossing is so cool. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

DIANA L. said...

Great card, I love how you used the stamps.

Meghan said...

I love the partial embossing you used on the card front. I must try that! Great take on the cue card! Glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

I love the 'half-embossed' background and the paper piecing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Karen M said...

SO, so lovely, Arielle. I adore your style of cards. They are perfect. The paper-piecing is fab on this. Kx

Rosemary said...

super cute card... love the way you only partially embossed the background! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Arielle, what a fun card! Grear partial embossing, wonderful paper-piecing! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Perfect paper piecing and I love the stamped and embossed dots. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails