all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

2.18.2014

I THINK YOU'RE AMAZING Hybrid Card Tutorial / for BasicGrey...


Hello! I have this little tutorial up on the BasicGrey blog today - woohoo! Ever wondered how you would go about making a hyrbid card from a digital scrap kit? You KNOW all your favorite papers can be found in digital, right? If you have a printer - that means an ENDLESS supply of your favorite prints... as long as you have the ink!

Well, here's how I make a hybrid card...


Step 1 - Layout your card exactly how you want to finished product to look like & crop it. The size of mine is 3.25" square. The card base is 4.25" square.

Step 2 - Move everything that will be an additional layer onto the side of your document to print.


Step 3 - Trim everything out.

Step 4 - Optional - I wanted to add some additional texture to my card, but only in one spot. I put my paper into an embossing folder and used a rubber mallet to emboss a small section. (YES - I used to use my heel or a heavy glass candle lid, but the EASIEST and most precise thing I have found is a rubber mallet!)

Step 5 - Glue it all back together! Add any additional embellishments you choose.

See you later!

2 comments:

Lisa H. said...

sooooo COOL! love this card and LOVE that embossing techniqe....brilliant, although I'll probably have to use my heel. I don't have a rubber mallet. lol!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cool card! Love the fun embossing technique...need to get a rubber mallet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails