all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.18.2012

MAMA DREAMS / ADFD New Release & CTD #192...


WOWOWOW! It's finally Friday! Tammy has a gorgeous release today, Mama's Darlings! I love all the flowers and the sweet little children - so lush and gorgeous! When I saw this image, I decided to use the colors from the Color Throwdown for my card ~ I think it's a 'groovy' combo! I wanted to keep the coloring really simple, I thought the image, Mama's Dreams, would be more striking that way!

Be sure to go see the rest of the release and the other DT's inspiration pieces... they AWESOME!




Alice W
Broni H
Lori B
Shelly M
Tracy M


And here is this week's Color Throwdown palette - LOVE IT! I promise the green is more 'sage shadow' than it photographed!


Bye for now!


7 comments:

Broni said...

OMG, Arielle! This is wonderful! What an impact the image makes with only the flowers being colored and with your perfect shading! Genius!! I'm so glad you played along with us in the Color Throwdown again too!! :)

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this is SOOOOO awesome...

Tracy said...

Love the retro feel of these colors and leaving the image black and white really makes them pop Arielle! Gorgeous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Arielle! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Patrice said...

Love how you colored those flowers - dreamy!! Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-20.html

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great card using the colors...this image was perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring really enhances the image. I love it! xxD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails