all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.11.2011

FLASHBACK FRIDAY 9.0 - Peek-a-boo Card!


So I'm playing with Flashback Friday... I was telling someone the other day that sometimes when I look back at my first blog posts I feel like deleting them - lol! But we all have to start somewhere, right? It takes time to develop your "style". That's true of anything...


So the Flashback Challenge was to post your first card with a window... this is it, way back from May of 2007! And you know what? I like it! I got a comment one time...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "SCALLOPED FLOWER / CD #50 & 2S4Y #43...":

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

At first I felt embarrassed! But then I felt kinda mad... I mean DUH!!! I had just started, I'm growing... being good at something takes practice! So I'M NOT ashamed of my early blog posts - LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jana said...

Your card is adorable. I love that you have your cutout at an angle. Isn't it fun to look back and see how we have changed our styles over the years. Thanks for playing along with Flashback Friday.

~amy~ said...

I love your window card...the colors and stamps are perfect-o! You know I think when we look back we do see how much we've grown or perhaps how our style has changed...it is all about how we are evolving as paper artists...

Thanks so much for playing with us at Flashback Friday!!!!

Ravengirl said...

This is really cute! It looks like it has multiple windows and this is really clever!

~amy~ said...

I highlighted your card over at Flashback Friday today:)

Emily Keaton said...

That would have made me mad, too! The nerve! To say "Your older articles are not as good as newer ones"--and do so *anonoymously*--is so rude. We all have the right to grow. Good for you for keeping all of your old posts. They *are* good--and a good reminder that we are all works in progress. At all times. And I love your first window cards, too!! Very clever. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails