all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.03.2013

SALAD SATURDAY: Chopped Asian Chicken Salad



Happy Salad Saturday! A few weeks ago Mom and I were in Sam's Club and found this awesome Asian Chopped Salad Mix by Taylor Farms. While it was very fresh, yummy and certainly convenient, you could easily make your own, so I have put the approximate ingredients in my recipe. I didn't use the dressing that was in it, I decided to make my own.

Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
Serves 4

For the salad:

1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small bag of snow peas - 1/4' slices
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
3-4 sliced green onions
1/3 bunch roughly shopped cilantro
2 c shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage
2 c shredded green cabbage
1/2 c shredded carrot
1/2 c shredded red cabbage
2 grilled, shredded chicken breasts
1/2 cup roasted, chopped peanuts

For the dressing:

2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c orange juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry mustard

1 - Mix all the salad ingredients, except chicken and peanuts.

2 - Mix all the dressing ingredients in a jar, seal it & shake it baby!

3 - Now assemble your salad by placing your veggies a bowl, add some of the dressing and toss. Top it with chicken and peanuts.

You're drooling now, right? This is one of the freshest, cleanest tasting salads - I love how the dressing sparkles with the orange juice! And the peanuts put it over the top!!! Of course you can use fresh ginger and garlic in the dressing, it would only make it better! If you do, let the dressing sit a bit to absorb those flavors.

Love and hugs,


3 comments:

Tindaloo said...

yummy! will try this - in norwegian ingrediants, I'm sure I'll be able to find similar products :)

Lisa Elton said...

I need to pass this along to our son. He and his wife love Asian food!!

nwilliams6 said...

Sounds yummo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails