all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.05.2013

HOT TEA GIFT BOX TUTORIAL...



Hello, I'm back with another tutorial for a little gift box for hot tea or any other little packets you may want to gift! It’s a really cute and easy project – so grab some supplies and give it a try!
What you’ll need…
  • Digital kit – I used Scotty Girl’s  Walt’s Park: Frontier Mini Kit
  • Scissors, craft knife, and/or a paper trimmer
  • Ruler
  • Scoring tool
  • Hole punch
  • Sticky strip adhesive & dimensionals or pop dots
  • Ribbon and button
Instructions:
1)   Measure the packets that you’re tucking into the box. Mine measured 2 3/4″ x 3″… so I am adding a 1/4″ on the sides and an inch at the top to make the finished size 3″ x 4″.
2)   When I set up my paper, I doubled the finished size, add an extra inch to the height (for the box bottom) and width (for the folded in sides), so my file is set up to be 4″ x 9″.  I also added some extra paper strips and elements for decorating.

 

3)   Trim out your box paper. Score  at the 1/2″ mark on each side down the 9″ length. You will score at the 1/2″ line and the 3 1/2″ line. Then score across the 9″ length at the 4″ mark and the 5″ mark.
4)   Fold the sides in, and crease the middle scores as well.
5)   Place one side down, closing it slightly & using your finger, fold down the inside corner edges. Do both sides.
6)   They should look like this. You don’t want to cut them, otherwise your packets won’t stay secured.

 
 

7)   Add adhesive (I used the heavy duty sticky strip) to the inside top and bottom edges, then fold them over and secure them.
8)   Punch a hole (or two), to thread your ribbon through.
9)   Add your packets.
10)   Secure with your ribbon and add your embellishments. Here’s a side view – see how the packets are held in!

 
 

And that’s it – you’re finished! Super easy, huh? If you make this or any other hybrid project, I’d love to see it, just leave me a comment!


BIG hugs!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute Arielle! My DIL loves tea, I'll have to remember this!

paula said...

Great post, thanks for sharing !

please visit my blog ..

http://asprinkleofsomethingspecial.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks paula xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails