all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

7.19.2010

DAMASK CANDLE / Unscripted Sketches Christmas in July...


This has got to be one of my all-time favorite "go~to" quick gifts around the holidays - STAMPED CANDLES! I'm using turquoise here, my Grammy always decorated her whole house in shades of blue & turquoise at Christmas - she always was a little non-traditional! She would have LOVED these candles!


I used PapertreyInk's Damask set... to be honest, one of the reasons I BOUGHT this set was to make candles - lol!

If you've never seen this, here's a little how-to...

SUPPLIES:
Candles
Stamps
Ink
Tissue Paper
Wax Paper
Heat Gun
Scissors
& Blingy Bling


STAMP your image(s) onto the tissue paper, using white for a white candle is best! Cut out the image fairly close to the edges. Wrap it around the candle to make sure it fits.


Take a piece of wax paper & wrap it (wax side against the tissue) very tightly around the candle, sandwiching the tissue in between. Using your heat gun (be careful - it gets hot!), heat the wax paper until the tissue "disappears". The image will darken up a little, too.


Slowly peel off the wax paper, and violĂ ! Next, set your rhinestones (I always use an exacto to help get them in the right place.) And you're done! This takes less than 10 minutes form start to finish & it's easy!


Since it's Christmas in July, I'll be showing other cool, easy/cheap projects everyday this week! So make sure you check back!

To see the other festivities, check out...


Thanks for dropping by & I hope to see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

mmwilken said...

Oh Arielle, thanks so much for the candle info!! I just love to do candles for my family for Christmas and this would be sooo perfect! Thanks so much for the instructions! Going to get candles and start working on them.

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial. Maybe I'll give this a try one day.

ToryJes said...

Thank you for the tutorial.

Tenia Nelson said...

This is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

Linda Beeson said...

WOW! Stunning and gorgeous! What a great idea and I love that you showed how you did it.

Irena said...

Awesome creation, I like it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails