all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

4.21.2010

BIG HAPPY FLOWER / CD #64 & TPE #63...


I am back @ work today, but still not 100% - who knows, today may be more restful... I never knew staying home sick wasn't very helpful if you have 2 kids in the house! At one point I even told Jeff I was going to run away! I am feeling somewhat better ~ thank you all for your 'get well' wishes!

Riley chose beautiful spring colors for this week's Color Dare, I had so much fun with them! I knew I wanted to do a flower, so I paired her colors with the sketch over at The Pink Elephant, it seemed perfect!

I loved the effect embossing die cut flowers had on a card I made last week, so I re-created it with this flower made from the Flower Layers die. I actually inked the EF with Summer Sun ink before I embossed it to add a little more texture/depth. The center of the flower is faux quilted... I used my 1/4 inch punch for this. Those squares were so tiny ~ you may never see me do THAT again - LOL! Now here's a confession: It was 1am when I was finishing this card, and when I stamped the sentiment, I originally stamped it onto the polka dot paper... but it was waaaay crooked! So I added the tag! And when I tilted it to cover up the mistake, it looked pretty cool ~ I think I like it better that way!

Hope you have a beautiful day & don't forget to play along at the Color Dare this week!



4 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I love all the texture and all the embellies you used.

Irena said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors :)

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, when will you stop amazing me? You are extremely talented! :)

Annie said...

Great take on the sketch - thanks for sharing it with us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails