all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

4.13.2010

BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS II #1 / CQC #28 & SSSC #64...


AHHH ~ another HaPpY tUeSdAy with the colourQ!!! These colors will certainly put a spring in your step & a song in your heart..




Can you tell I'm just a little 'too in love' with this argyle embossing folder these days? Do you ever get like that ~ you fall in love with a certain product ir image & reach for it EVERY TIME you make a card? I may have to hide it from myself for a while...

Today's card uses this week's new colourQ challenge paired with an awesome sketch by Karen @ Sweet Sunday Sketch... I've been seeing die cuts used in this way for a couple weeks now, so when I say her sketch I had to try iy with my new Papertrey Ink dies... too cute huh? The sentiment is also PTI - I stamped it after I embossed - lol! Glad it turned out, otherwise I would've had to scrap the whole thing and start over...


Make sure to play along with the colourQ this week - the DT's samples are amazing!



12 comments:

Shirl said...

The card is absolutely stunning! Love how you cut out those flowers from the center and put a different colour paper underneath! I think I'm gonna try to get my hands on this argyle embossing folder too...LOL..

Irena said...

Another lovely card :)

Kathy Martin said...

LOVE this! Great embossing and love the way you punched out your flowers! :)

Kathryn B said...

Wow Arielle that is one awesome card! I love how you used the die to punch out the flowers and put the different colors behind it. Your colors are very striking!

Shauna said...

Beautiful springy card, Arielle. I love that punched out flower look, and the buttons are perfect!

Jo said...

Beautiful Arielle! My craft room is shocking at the moment! It's so bad I'm going to a friends to craft this morning instead!

Linda said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love the colors!

Emily Leiphart said...

Ooohhh, this is just gorgeous! Love everything but especially that argyle. HA!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! I really like the flowers cut out like that!

Alanna said...

OMG, I am totally lifting this card. I love how you used the die to cut out the flowers and the buttons in the center are just the perfect touch. Absolutely love it. Can you hear the excitement in my voice? I'm super excited to lift this.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness your card is beautiful my favorite of the challenge submissions by far!!!!

Christina said...

This card jumped right out at me from the challenges! Such a great take on the color combo and sketch. I love how you punched out the shapes and layered the colors behind. And the embossed argyle adds so much interest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails