all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

1.20.2010

FANTASTIC FUNGI / CQC #16 & 2S4Y #44...


The mailman delivered a fun surprise yesterday... my monthly kit from Unity Stamp Company!




I thought these mushrooms were so cute, especially that little snail, too! I decided to use the colourQ Challenge for the color scheme and Kazan's Sketch #44, from 2 Sketches 4 You.

The background papers were made by covering newspaper with white tissue that was wadded up & then smoothed back out. The bottom layer was sponged with Pretty in Pink ink. I paper-pieced the mushrooms with bits of retired Stampin' Up! designer series papers. The punch is a Sale-a-Bration item from Stampin' Up!, the Scallop Trim Border Punch. This punch is FREE with a $50 SU! order for a limited time!


Thanks for stopping in - have a terrific day!



8 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Arielle.. I love the colors. Unity is one of my favs..Great job.

Kathy Martin said...

Fun fungi card! Love how you stamped over that text! Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, I luv these mushrooms, so very cute...super job with these colors.....I was wondering if I can pick up the colorqueen badge for the challenge #13...I have never been told whether I can sport the badge on my blog. Have a wonderful evening!

enjoy *~*

Sarah said...

I LOVE this!!!! Did you come up with the newspaper thing or is there a tutorial somewhere...it rocks! Look at you posting so soon after the baby...wohooooo.

cnelson said...

cute, cute, cute!! lovin' the fungi and snails!

Karen said...

Too cUte! Adorable paper pieced mushrooms and I just love how you made your backgrounds...what a Great idea! :>

Pamela said...

I love all the layers and color choice on this card!

Unknown said...

gorgeous! I love how you made this sketch your own
Thanks for sharing
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails