all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

10.28.2009

TISSUE FLOWER (a la MONA) / CTD #66, MTSC #45 & JUGS4...

When I saw Mona's cool tutorial, I knew I had to make a tissue flower!





I used the awesome colors from this week's Color Throwdown for this card, paired with a very elegant sketch by Mercy, and the cool 3-D flower challenge over at Just Us Girls. You can find Mona's tutorial at the Just Us Girls blog.

Using the Flower Layers Originals Die, I strayed from the tutorial a bit & cut about 10 layers of white tissue. I then inked the edges of the 3 sets of 'layers' with each of the 3 colors of ink. Once I crumpled it a bit & fastened it down with a clear rhinestone brad, I took a paint brush dipped in the inks and brushed it up with more ink. I thought that was a little faster than using the brayer. the dsp is Rich Razzleberry Patterns and the ribbon is the reverse side of the Rich Razzleberry Polka-Dot grosgrain.

Bye for now...

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I think we'll be seeing a lot more of these wonderful flowers in the future! Glad you were able to incorporate the CTD colors into it!

Anonymous said...

Love the tissue flower!! Beautiful card!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous! Love that flower. Very cool technique. Looks like I know what going to be on my next SU! order! Great job combining all the challenges.

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful tissue flower! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! GORGEOUS 3-D flower! I love how you used multi colors! It really looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls. I hope you come back Saturday for a new challenge hosted by Kristin!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!

Andrea M said...

Holy moly!!! This is fantastic! I love the colors - the rich purple and blue. Just stunning! The bling really adds a lot too :)

Davi said...

Arielle, You card is beautiful and you did a fabulous job coloring the flower I think its dynamite!!

Unknown said...

arielle...what a wonderful layered flower! great colors, dp, and ribbon too!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

AKiteFlier said...

This is STUNNING - I think it's my favorite flower in the entire bunch - love the multi color and combining it with Mercy's simple layout makes for one heck of an eye catching card! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. WE love seeing our “regulars” come back. Hope to see you this next week for a WILD CARD challenge and a special surprise :-)

Krista said...

Awesome !! Love the flower !!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, your flower turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails