all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.16.2014

JUST US GIRLS - Hybrid Washi Tape Tutorial / For BasicGrey...


I had this fun little hybrid tutorial posted over at BasicGrey's blog a few days ago - Hybrid Washi Tape. Have you ever wished you had one of your favorite BG papers as a washi tape or semi-transparent overlay? I have a very simple tutorial for you today showing you how to do just that!

Supplies:
    • Your favorite digital papers from Basic Grey.
    • Tissue paper – new or used, in white or another light color
    • Xyron or double stick tape, large enough for your pieces of tissue
    • Plain bond paper
    • Light  adhesive (I used washi tape – hah!)
    • Printer
Instructions:

Step One – Create an 8.5×11” digital file of the papers you’re using, sizing them to fit your piece of tissue paper. I used one large block of floral paper from the Fresh Cut collection, a smaller block, and also one of the border elements. I wanted texture on my layout, so I grabbed a “slightly used” piece of tissue, cut it to size and then crumpled it even more!


Step Two  – Flatten your tissue out and position it onto a piece of plain bond paper,  and adhere with a light adhesive. Make sure it covers the area of your images. I placed mine where my print margins are at the top of my paper.

    
Step Three  – Feed the paper into your printer and click print. Here is the finished print, as well as a close up showing the texture.
    
Step Four  – Trim your printed tissue. Feed it through a Xyron machine. This is awesome for larger pieces, but keep in mind – they are very sticky and delicate and will have some light rippling when you apply them. If you are just making washi tape, you can use double sided tape, which makes the piece more sturdy.

I created this hybrid layout using the Fresh Cut Complete Collection and my tissue washi. I loved every paper from this collection, and I found the perfect sketch over at Page Maps so that I could show a bunch of them off! As usual, I created the basic layout in digital form first, then printed the pieces individually. After trimming them out, I reassembled the layout. You can see in the close up shots how transparent the tissue washi is, and also how it has a little mind of its own and shifts a little when you adhere it.
   



  

Nighty~night!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the look of this technique Arielle, reminds me of a soft quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails