all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.31.2014

DIY Quilted Canvas Wall Decor / Pixels and Co...


Hello!  Here's a hybrid tutorial I posted over at Pixels and Company today. I love little “artsy” things, especially little canvases. I have a tutorial today that will show you how to make this little quilted canvas wall decor. It would make such a cute little gift, don’t you think?
What you’ll need…
  • Digital kit & print outs – I used a kit from KimB’s Designs,  Best Medecine
  • Square punch 7/8″ of thick card stock (to use as a template)
  • Circle punch 1 1/4″
  • 4×4″ canvas
  • Buttons or other embellishments
  • Modge Podge
  • paint brushes and paint (optional)
  • washi tape (optional)

Step 1 – Set up your digital prints. I set up a document of my patterned papers in long strips, at least 2 1/8″. I set up an identical page with solid colors, the printed one of each back-to-back. That way my circles would be solid on one side and patterned on the other. I also set up and printed a sentiment and coordinating strip of patterned paper, about 2 1/2 long.


Step 2 – Punch a piece of heavy card stock with the square 7/8″ punch. You will use this as a template to fold your circles. You will need to punch out 13 circles.

Step 3 – Place the square template into the center of each circle and fold the edges over.


Step 4 – Arrange the squares prior to adhering them to you canvas. As you’ll notice, I painted the top of my canvas yellow, but left the sides unpainted. In arranging your squares, remember to plan in a space of 3 consecutive squares, to add your sentiment.

Step 5 – Apply Modge Podge to the back of each square and adhere to the canvas. I adhere the first square to the top left corner, flush with the top and left side. Then I apply the the one assigned to the top right corner, flush with the top and right side. Once they are in place, I can add the middle 2, making sure to space them appropriately. Then adhere the rest.


Step 6 - Apply your sentiment to the empty space and add buttons or other embellishments.

Step 7 - You can see I finished the side with color-coordinating washi tape.


And that’s it – a fun little wall canvas! If you make one of your own, please add a photo of it to the hybrid gallery over at Pixels and Company, and come back and leave a link in the comments – I would love to see it!

Have a great day,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fab idea, I love it, so colourful and eye catching :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails