all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.04.2010

FATHER KNOWS BEST / JAI #28 & CPS #178...


Aren't these just the best guy colors? I love them! It's also nice to make a "man"
card every once in a while - it's so hard to not "bling" it out, though!


I had about 20 minutes this morning to stamp, Maisie hasn't been respecting her bedtime or Mommy's stamp time lately... I chose to use the colors from Just Add Ink, and their 'manly' challenge and pair it with Card Positioning Systems' sketch... I'm a sucker for square cards!

The small strip of crimped paper was in my stash... all ready to go ~ just had to cut it down! I ran the card front through the BigShot with my SUPER FAVE Cuttlebug folder. I used a Copic to color in some of the leaves. All in all, just a really quick card!

Bye for now...





PAPER: Stampin' Up! - a scrap of Baja Breeze patterned paper (I think it was a Christmas paper - lol!)
CARDSTOCK: Stampin' Up! - Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze & Kraft
STAMPS: Papertrey Ink - Father Knows Best
ACCESSORIES: Making Memories - Copper Brads
TOOLS: Papertrey Ink - Ric Rac Die, Stampin' Up! Corner Rounding, Label, 1" Circle & Ticket Punches, Paper Crimper, Cuttlebug - Moroccan Screen EF
COPICS: BG72 Ice Ocean


10 comments:

Alanna said...

What a great masculine card. Very nice.

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, I like the color combo very much.
Have a wonderful day!

papertrails leaver said...

Great take on the sketch and way to rock the color challenge!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful as always. You never cease to amaze me Arielle - 20 minutes - wow!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

They ARE great guys colors!!! perfect card...not too much embellishing...very manly.

Sheri Gilson said...

Great masculine card, Arielle!! Love the texture.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a awesome guy card!!

Danielle Daws said...

Cute AND masculine! Very hard to pull off!

Maria said...

What a GORGEOUS card! Love the colors and emobssing...great job!!!

Linda Beeson said...

The embossing is a wonderful accent, so love the colors and the way you used the CPS sketch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails