I made this card last weekend based on a design team call sketch for 2sketches4you ~ I don't remember if it was Kazan's or Laura's. Anyway, I thought it was a cute sketch! My good friend Tanja (hi Tanja) seemed pretty excited that I had sent in an application, but I'm being pretty stoic about the whole thing. I just like to stamp, but I figure 'you'll never know unless you put yourself out there'!
Whatever the outcome, I still love to stamp like crazy & fit in as many challenges as I can each week!
This is an old mini set, called Essence of Love, that I wish had made it into to catty. I used Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, and Cameo Coral, and also Raspberry Tart DSP. It's hard to tell, but the little butterfly was cut out & sits on the card 3-D.
Here's how I did the central image:
- I stamped the full leafy vine image in Kiwi Kiss on the speckled cardstock.
- I stamped the image a second time in Kiwi Kiss ink onto a scrap of Cameo Coral cardstock.
- I then used a blender pen to pick up ink from the Kiwi Kiss classic ink pad & color in the vines & leaves on the stamp. I used SU! markers (Cameo Coral and Rose Red) to color in the stamp's flowers. When it was all inked up I 'huffed & puffed' onto the stamp [to re-moisten the ink] and stamped it a thinrd time onto a scrap of speckled cardstock.
- From the multi-colored image, I punched out a circle from around the middle and matched it up & glued it onto the stamped Coral piece.
- Then I took a larger punch & punched the Coral piece.
Bye for now~