all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

1.29.2009

NO PLACE LIKE HOME (is where the heart is) / CSCC16...



My entry for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - #16 - The Wizard of Oz. Kinda wacky title, I know...
We had to use something metallic, so I had the idea to use my Big Shot for that. I recycled a soda can by cutting the ends off & opening it up. First I used my scallop rectangle nestabilities to cut out the shape & then I put it through the Big Shot again in the swirly embossing folder. The card base is Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Candy Lane DSP. I stamped the heart from Love You Much (Stampin' Up!) using a glue pad and dusted it with Martha Stewart's garnet glitter. The metal piece is attached with eyelets, since it was trying to roll back up!

Have a great Friday!



7 comments:

Brooke S said...

Arielle,(or snappy as Sankari and I lovingly like to call you)

So glad you got to play along with us... What a cute card.... I LOVE all the texture that you created with you recycled can... So resourceful.. The new DSP is a really great pick as well. Hope you will join us again..
Hugs
Brooke

Ann said...

Oh, this is cute, clever, and eco-friendly! I love it! ;)

Sam said...

Lovely card Arielle!

I'm definitely going to have to give the alfoil embossing a go today.

Best wishes,
Sam.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Arielle, you are genius! I love your idea with the soda can!! I can't wait to try it out on my big shot. Absolutely adorable card! - Rachel

Kim Marie said...

Arielle,
this card is beautiful! What a unique idea to use a can! I love embossed metal,too! And the design is striking :)
Kim Marie

Cindy said...

wow...a soda can...love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

lovin the foil:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails