all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

9.04.2008

CHEERS TO YOU...

This is the cutest little set from Stampin' Up! called 'Cheers to You'. The other set used for the background orange slices is 'Tart and Tangy'.

I made these for an In-Color swap hosted by a fellow SU! demo, Rebecca Roy from Louisville, Ky. So if you're in that area and need some supplies, look her up!

Obviously this card is a bit simple, which is good when you are making 12 of them... Anyway, what you can't see is that after watercoloring the drink using my ink pads, I paper pieced the umbrella with Baja Breeze designer paper. Then I squirted Crystal Effects on the glass & stem... it puddled so nicely it did look like glass! After that dried, I added a line of Crystal Effects to the rim of the glass and poured salt over it. Once dried, I shook off the excess salt! So no~ this card is NOT acid-free... but it is tasty!

STAMPs: Cheers to You and Tart & Tangy
INKs: Versamark, Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red, and Tangerine Tango
PAPERs: Baja Breeze CS & DSP, Taken with Teal, Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS: Striped Grosgrain in Baja Breeze, Crystal Effects, 3-dimensionals, Scallop Punch and 1 3/4 Circle Punch

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Arielle! Oh, I so love your card! You knocked the challenge colors out of the park! The glass is wonderful, with the paper pieced umbrella and the crystal effects! Thanks for letting me play the challenge, it was fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails