all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

12.04.2008

CSCC # 8 -Miracle on 34th Street




Here's my take on Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #8. I haven't seen the movie in years, but the one part I remember is when they brings the huge bags of letters to Santa Claus into the court room. That's my favorite part!

So I found an image online, which I turned into a brownish monochrome, printed out 3 copies, and cut out some of the 'envelopes' onto Very Vanilla cardstock. The I colored in the stamps using mostly Soft Subtles Stampin' Write Markers & distressed the edges with Close to Cocoa.
The 'letters to Santa' were layered using Dimensionals. The Santa stamp is a retired SU! set called Yuletide Montage~ it is very much one of my favorites! What is difficult to see is the white glitter on his hat & beard... also I used my Copics for the first time to color him in. I still need a lot of practice!

With Alex asleep, I think I'll try to eat dinner & stamp a little more. Thank you so much for looking, I really do appreciate it!





3 comments:

Sankari W. said...

WOW! what a great card from the inspiration from when they bring all those letters to Santa to court!!! LOVE how you did this card - and how you created a vintage feel! beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! your layout is quite awesome! and big thanks to baby Alex for giving you some stamping time :) beautiful card!!!
best wishes always!!
Sankari ;)

Jules said...

Beautiful card! It has a great vintage look to it!

Sam said...

This is a fabulous card! I love all those postage stamps on it. Just perfect.

All the best,
Sam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails